All products undergo through inspection and tests by out Quality Assurance Department at varios stages of manufacturing according to internationally established inspection procedures and methods. HMC is equipped with both destructive and non-destructive testing facilities and a metrological laboratory.
Tensile testing of metallic materials on Universal Testing Machines (10 Tons, 30 Ton Tons, 60 Ton and 100 Tons)
Hardness testing , Bench type and portable (Rockwell,Brinnel and Vicker)
Bend testing of metallic materials.
Charpy Impact Testing both at room temp and below zero
Charpy Impact Testing Machine 15/30 Kg-m/CM2
Compression Strength of refractory materials
The department has unique installation of most modern spectrometer (Spectromax Germany of 26 elements) for analysis of Iron/ Steel and Copper based materials / alloys, adjacent to the melting section of HMC to provide accurate reliable and fast track analysis in a minimum time, since good process control requires prompt feed back.
ii. Wet Chemistry/analysis
All foundry inputs such as Ferro Alloys (Ferro Silico, Ferro Manganese, Ferro Chrome, Ferro Nickel & Ferro Vanadium etc), Al, Ni, Cu, Tin, Lead and their alloys are got checked before being incorporated into production function, in addition to these following testing facilities are also available.
– Physical & chemical testing of silica sand and Bentonite Clay.
– Refractory Materials of all kinds
– Sodium Silicate, Water and Oil etc
iii. Equipment and machinery
HMC has the facility of repair and calibration of instruments like:-
– Pyrometers, pressure gauges, thermocouples, temperature indicators, meggers , avometers, voltmeters, dial indicators, vernier calipers, micrometers, sprit levels, steel taps and steel rules etc.
Metrology section has precision machines like:-
– Projector JTT-500-II , ( 200 x100 / 0.001 mm)
– Microscope Type JGX3 (200×100/0.001mm)
– Metroscope JD-5
– 3 Meter length measuring machine JD-10 (0-3 meter/0.001 mm) and others for the measurement of
– For the examination of segregation, weld quality, pinholes etc.
– Identification of microstructure
– Grain size determination
– Examination of Internal cracks
– Detection of Non Metallic Inclusions
– Process control
For determining depth of hardness of harden- able steels
Using Meta Serve End Quench Unit (Buhler UK)
Hydrostatic testing up to 150 bars pressure can be carried out with the existing facility
Pneumatic testing up to 7 kg/cm2 can be carried out with existing facility
Undertakes complete mechanical tests and chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
Undertakes X-Ray, ultrasonic, die penetrant and magentic particle testing for surface cracks, voids, blow holes, porosity and cavity etc. in welds, castings and forgings
Undertakes calibration of measuring instruments, checking of profiles, angles & surface finishes etc.